lockfile 0.4

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Dec 1 03:01:40 CET 2008

I've just released lockfile 0.4.  I separated the test code from the
lockfile module so the module itself should work on Python 2.4.

What is lockfile?

The lockfile module exports a FileLock class which provides a simple API for
locking files.  Unlike the Windows msvcrt.locking function, the Unix
fcntl.flock, fcntl.lockf and the deprecated posixfile module, the API is
identical across both Unix (including Linux and Mac) and Windows platforms.
The lock mechanism relies on the atomic nature of the link (on Unix) and
mkdir (On Windows) system calls.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/