ANN: PyAMF 0.3

Thijs Triemstra | Collab lists at collab.nl
Tue Apr 15 09:57:29 CEST 2008

We're pleased to announce PyAMF 0.3, a lightweight library that allows
Flash and Python applications to communicate via Adobe's ActionScript
Message Format.
AMF3 and RemoteObject are supported in all the implemented Remoting
gateways, compatible with Django, Twisted, TurboGears2, Web2Py and any
WSGI-compatible application.

This release provides compatibility with Google App Engine and comes
with following changes and fixes:
  - Make util.BufferedByteStream endian aware (Ticket:231)
  - Issue with Twisted threads (Ticket:233)
  - Fix interpretation of integers in AMF3 (Ticket:241)
  - Support for Google App Engine deployment (Ticket:237)
  - Classic class decoding throws an error (Ticket:248)
  - Make adapter framework load sub-modules (Ticket:246)
  - Added an adapter module for google.appengine.ext.db so that Model
classes can be serialised easily (Ticket:247)
  - Problems with Importing and reloading files (Ticket:250)

Check out the download page [1], installation instructions [2] and
examples [3].
Questions? First stop is the mailing list [4], but we also hang out on
IRC [5].

Cheers,

- the PyAMF team

[1] http://pyamf.org/wiki/Download