ordereddict 0.2

Anthon van der Neut anthon at mnt.org
Tue Oct 16 16:33:16 CEST 2007

I am pleased to announce the first public version the ordereddict module.

 From the blurb on ordereddict's home-page:

This is an implementation of an ordered dictionary with Key Insertion
Order: updates of values do not affect the position of the key.

It implementation is directly derived from dictobject.c and its speed is
5-10% slower than dict() and 5-9 times faster than Larosa/Foord
excellent pure Python implemention.

This module has been tested under:
    Ubuntu 7.04, gcc : Python 2.5.1
    Ubuntu 7.04, gcc : Python 2.4.4
    Ubuntu 6.06, gcc : Python 2.5.1
    Windows XP, Visual Studio 2003: Python 2.5.1  (see below)

ordereddict's home on the web is at
http://www.xs4all.nl/~anthon/Python/ordereddict
there you also find the links where the source can be downloaded.

The download includes relatively complete tests for all of ordereddict's
  functionality (all of dict() plus for now: .index(), .reverse(),
.insert())

I hope this is useful and appreciate any feedback

Anthon van der Neut

--
Windows specific compilation problem:
In order for things to link under Visual Studio 2003, I had to