[ANN] Release of the first PyTables video

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer ivilata at carabos.com
Wed Nov 14 18:06:55 CET 2007

=====================================
 Release of the first PyTables video
=====================================

`Carabos <http://www.carabos.com/>`_ is very proud to announce the
first of a series of videos dedicated to introducing the main features
of PyTables to the public in a visual and easy to grasp manner.

  http://www.carabos.com/videos/pytables-1-intro

`PyTables <http://www.pytables.org/>`_ is a Free/Open Source package
designed to handle massive amounts of data in a simple, but highly
efficient way, using the HDF5 file format and NumPy data containers.

This first video is an introductory overview of PyTables, covering the
following topics:

  * HDF5 file creation
  * the object tree
  * homogeneous array storage
  * natural naming
  * working with attributes

With a running length of little more than 10 minutes, you may sit back
and watch it during any short break.

More videos about PyTables will be published in the near future.  Stay
tuned on www.pytables.org for the announcement of the new videos.

We would like to hear your opinion on the video so we can do it better
the next time.  We are also open to suggestions for the topics of
future videos.

Best regards,

::

	Ivan Vilata i Balaguer   >qo<   http://www.carabos.com/