PySWIP 0.1.2 released

yuce yucetekol at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:08:15 CEST 2007

I am pleased to announce the 0.1.2 version of PySWIP.

PySWIP is a GPL'd Python/SWI-Prolog bridge enabling to query SWI-
Prolog in your Python programs.

PySWIP includes both an (incomplete) SWI-Prolog foreign language
interface and a utity class that makes it easy querying SWI-Python.
Since it uses SWI-Prolog as a shared library and ctypes to access it,
PySWIP doesn't require compilation to be installed.

Example
-------

>>> from pyswip.util import Prolog
>>> prolog = Prolog()
>>> prolog.assertz("father(michael,john)")
>>> prolog.assertz("father(michael,gina)")
>>> list(prolog.query("father(michael,X)"))
[{'X': 'john'}, {'X': 'gina'}]
>>> for soln in prolog.query("father(X,Y)"):
...     print soln["X"], "is the father of", soln["Y"]
michael is the father of john
michael is the father of gina

Requirements
------------

    * Python 2.3 and higher (most probably other versions will also
work).
    * ctypes 0.9.9.9 and higher (most probably other versions will
also work).
    * SWI-Prolog 5.6.x and higher(most probably other versions will
also work).
    * libpl as a shared library.
    * Tested only on Linux, should be working for other POSIX and
Win32.

Changes since 0.1.1
-------------------

  * Renamed PrologRunner to Prolog.
  * Removed query method of Prolog, queryGenerator is renamed as
query.
  * Added asserta, assertz and consult methods to Prolog.
  * The necessary cleanup is done even if the query generator doesn't
run to the end.
  * Errors during the execution of query is caught and PrologError is
raised.
  * Many new additions to the core library.
  * Added examples directory.
  * Added examples, 'coins' and 'draughts'.
  * Added Windows installer.

PySWIP homepage is at: http://code.google.com/p/pyswip
Downloads at: http://code.google.com/p/pyswip/downloads/list

Regards,