Interface module for the Maxwell MX-25 501 digital multimeters

Ferenczi Viktor python at cx.hu
Thu Mar 22 00:49:58 CET 2007

Interface module for the Maxwell MX-25 501
digital multimeters has been released.

This is a Python module for easy data acquisition from
Maxwell MX-25 501 digital multimeters. You can read
the currently displayed value with very little effort.
Example:

from maxwell import Maxwell

multimeter=Maxwell('/dev/ttyS0')
value,unit=multimeter.read()
print '%r %r'%(value,unit)

See maxwell.py for instructions about the required
multimeter setup (how to enable serial communication).

Download from:
http://python.cx.hu/maxwell/

NOTE: I don't have such a device anymore,
just releasing my old code under the LGPL licence.