Elixir 0.2.0 released!

Gaetan de Menten gdementen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 11:40:08 CET 2007

We are pleased to announce that the second release of Elixir
(http://elixir.ematia.de) is now available. We hope you'll enjoy it.

Highlights for this release
-------------------------------------

- Implemented singletable non-polymorphic inheritance
- Added support to pass non-keyword arguments to tables.
- Added support for deferred columns
- Look at the calling stack frame to ensure that we apply statements
to the proper class.
  We now attach the statement list to the class itself, rather than
attaching it to a global
  list that is neither threadsafe, nor safe when doing nested class definition.
- Fixed foreign key names on MySQL (and possibly other) databases by
  making sure the generated name is unique for the whole database, and not
  only for the table on which it applies.
- Applied patch from Robin Munn to make the code python 2.3 compatible

The full list of changes can be seen at:
http://elixir.ematia.de/svn/elixir/tags/0.2.0/CHANGES

What is Elixir?
---------------------

Elixir is a declarative layer on top of SQLAlchemy. It is a fairly
thin wrapper, which provides the ability to define model objects
following the Active Record design pattern, and using a DSL syntax
similar to that of the Ruby on Rails ActiveRecord system.

Elixir does not intend to replace SQLAlchemy's core features, but
instead focuses on providing a simpler syntax for defining model
objects when you do not need the full expressiveness of SQLAlchemy's
manual mapper definitions.

Mailing list

sqlelixir at googlegroups.com

--