ANN: ShowMeDo commercial series: 'Python 101 - easygui and csv'

Ian Ozsvald ian at showmedo.com
Tue Jun 19 13:42:00 CEST 2007

Commercial series: 'Python 101 - easygui and csv':
http://showmedo.com/videos/series?name=IwrOgqPc9

Detail:
The 17 episodes walk a new Python programmer through all necessary steps to build a working and unit-tested Python program.  In this series I use Wingware's Wing IDE but any Python development environment can be used.

The program reads in a csv data file (e.g. from Excel) using a file-open dialog (easygui), the data is processed, a mathematical average generated and a modified csv file is written out.  easygui's messagebox and yes/no dialog are also used.

I show how to document the code, refactor the early script using functions and test functions using nosetests.  Several exercises are set which extend the viewer's knowledge of easygui.  They also provide practice for writing code, refactoring and applying test-driven development.

The viewer is encouraged to ask questions using the Comments section, I'll answer all questions and everyone is encouraged to help each other.  Full source is provided and the viewer can download the videos for off-line viewing.

Further details are available here:
http://blog.showmedo.com/2007/06/13/learn-gui-and-file-handling-techniques/

--
http://ShowMeDo.com