ANN: amplee 0.4.0

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Wed Jan 17 16:07:24 CET 2007

Hi all,

I finally released a new version of amplee. I've moved from 0.3.x to
0.4.x as there are a couple of modification to the API that were worse
the bump. I think this version is much more stable and bug free. Mind
you it's a long way before I can claim is entirely unit tested. But it
gets there.

The main modifications since 0.3.6 are:

 * Added a loader feature. I realized that setting up the store was a
recurrent task and I wondered how to help in this task. I came up with
the loader feature. Basically you describe your APP store within a
config file (pure INI) and calls the loader method. This will construct
entirely your store and returns it to you. This is quite handy and makes
the creation of a store much easier.

 * Handler API introduced. Amplee does the best it can to provide you
with an API an tools to handle the dirty work of APP and let you enhance
it by a callback system. In previous version those callbacks were
attached to the collection which forced to some not very friendly hacks.
Now it's a matter of creating a class that implements a set of methods
which will then be called by amplee at the right moment. This class is
what I call a handler and associated with a media-type that the
collection accepts.

 * The loading and reloading of members is more flexible. In the past
you could solely reload all members of a store or none. Now you have
more granularity upon what should be loaded into a collection's cache.

 * Many notable bugs have been fixed in the handling of Atom within the
members and they should be much more reliable now.

 * You can now find a small blog example that shows you how to use amplee.

If you think of upgrading you should note that because of the
modification on the callback API you may have some work to do. But this
should not be too difficult.

== Download ==

 * easy_install -U amplee
 * Tarballs http://www.defuze.org/oss/amplee/
 * svn co https://svn.defuze.org/oss/amplee/

== Documentation ==

http://trac.defuze.org/wiki/amplee
http://www.defuze.org/oss/amplee/doc/html/

== Examples ==

You can get some source code examples at
http://defuze.org/oss/amplee/amplee-example-0.4.0.tgz

== TODO ==

 * Add more tests
 * Improve documentation