Front Range Pythoneers Monthly Meeting: Wed, Feb 21, in Boulder, Colorado

frpythoneers at gmail.com frpythoneers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 21:21:43 CET 2007

== Meeting: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 ==

 * Time: 6-8 PM

 * Location: bivio Software, Inc., 28th and Iris. Above Hair Elite in
Suite S. There is abundant parking.

We have a line up of PyCon talks. Our presenters will have a chance to
practice on you, while giving you a sneak peek of what will happen in
Dallas next weekend:

 * Fernando Perez will present his joint talk with Brian Granger,
"IPython: Getting the most out of working interactively in Python":
IPython (if you do not know it yet) is an enhanced interactive shell
for Python. It provides a large number of features not found in the
default shell that make interactive work in Python more seamless and
convenient.

 * Jim Baker will present "Iterators in Action": Using iterators well
can make your code lean and your programming fun. We will distill
current best practice by investigating some (mostly) useful examples
of iterators in action. Expect to see a focus on itertools and recipes
from the cookbook.

Other items to talk about:

 * BoulderSprint. We had a great JythonSprint, focusing on getting
IPython to work on it. Next sprint will be in April, also on IPython.
Wait a second, what's up with IPython?

 * Google Summer of Code. One of our missions is to mentor Pythoneers.
Does it make sense to add a local component to GSoC 2007?

We will have food & drink available as usual. Hope to see you there!

More info: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers