Ann: FarPy GUIE v0.5.2

dberlin at gmail.com dberlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:14:08 CEST 2006

This release includes support for IronPython (Windows forms GUI).
http://farpy.holev.com/tools.php

About-
GUIE (GUI Editor) provides a simple WYSIWYG GUI editor for wxWidgets
and IronPython. The program was made in C# and saves the GUI that was
created to a XML format I called GUIML. This GUIML is a pretty standard
representation of the GUI created with the program with some helpful
additions for .NET. Next, GUIE takes these GUIML files and translates
it to either wxPython Python code or wxRuby Ruby code (more languages
in the future). You may ask yourself why I took the extra step? Why
didn't I go straight from C# controls to wxPython code? Why is GUIML
necessary? Well, it isn't. It is there simply for people (or maybe I)
to take the GUIML and convert it to other languages. This, by effect
can convert this tool from a Python GUI editor, to "any programming
language with a GUI module" GUI editor.

http://farpy.holev.com

David