ANN: CherryPy book

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Sat May 6 11:56:52 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that I will be writing a book on CherryPy which
will published by Packt Publishing [1]. Packt is a fairly recent
publishing company based in the United Kingdom which has focused since the
beginning in providing the developer community with books specific to
their day to day tasks.

I have been dealing with the guys at Packt for a bit more than a month and
I can tell you that they are really excited by a book on CherryPy as I am.
In fact if you are looking for a friendly and ready to support publisher,
go and contact them [2].

The approach taken for the book is to go through the design of an
application and see how CherryPy can be a great choice for rapid web
application development. Throughout the book I will explain concepts
behind CherryPy itself as well as third-party products such as ORMs and
template engines. At the end of the book as an application developer you
will understand how CherryPy can benefit you for web development while
having a good overview of the CherryPy's design. Even though it will be a
standalone book, I also believe that the book might be a good extension to
the TurboGears book [3].

I cannot deny I am really thrilled by the project and I hope being able to
finish it in a not far future for you guys. Stay tuned.

- Sylvain
http://www.defuze.org

[1] http://www.packtpub.com/
[2] https://www.packtpub.com/article/aboutus