Dallas Ft. Worth Pythoneers Meeting THIS Saturday

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Thu Jul 6 19:52:29 CEST 2006

The Dallas chapter of the Dallas Ft. Worth Pythoneers
meets on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, in a
hands-on (so bring your laptops!) programming session.

Topic:
  Last meeting our new format was a success! We covered the
  creational type of design patterns, showing Python code
  for each one, and then Brad walked us through his custom
  Object-Relational-Manager (ORM) in the areas of enforcing
  object security derived from the underlying relational
  security rules.

  This time we'll continue by going over the structural
  type of design patterns and then trying out lightning
  talks.

  Lightning talks are 5-minute rapid-fire presentations
  by members on any topic related to Python. The format
  is casual (slides unnecessary) and not intended to
  cover a topic but to introduce it to the attendees.
  They are a lot of fun and stimulate ideas for future
  talks.

  Everyone please think about a topic and come prepared.
  It could be an simple as just announcing this cool
  Python library you found on some website one day.
  Look thru your bookmarks for ideas.

When:
  Saturday, July 8, 2006, 1:30 PM

Where:
  NerdBooks.com
  1681 Firman Drive
  Richardson , TX 75081
  (972) 470-9600

Website:
  http://www.python.org/dfw
  http://python.meetup.com/10

Notes:
  We run until 5 pm and then go out for dinner.

We start gathering at 1:30 pm, getting tables, projector
and network equipment set up and organized, and then start
any formal portion of the meeting at 2 pm. So if you can't
make it until 2 pm, that's fine you won't miss any
presentation.

Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com>
DFW Pythoneers Coordinator

P.S. The DFW Pythoneers are _also_ meeting _this_ evening
(1st Thursday of July) at Denny's Restaurant in Addison,
on Beltline just east of Midway.  We meet at 7 pm and
run until midnight, usually.  This meeting is a social
get-together over dinner.