PyCon: Plone, Python, BitTorrent keynotes

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sun Jan 8 20:02:10 CET 2006

The keynotes at PyCon 2006 can now be announced.

Alan Runyan and Alexander Limi will open the conference with a keynote
about Plone. I haven't received a title yet, but I expect it will
provide an overview of Plone's current status, how it's developed, and
where the Plone project is headed.

On the middle day of the conference (Saturday), Guido van Rossum will
give his traditional State of Python talk that will presumably cover
the new features that were introduced in Python 2.4 and the features
coming in Python 2.5.

On the final day, we'll have Bram Cohen, creator of BitTorrent. The
format won't be a conventional keynote; instead, Cohen has requested
to be interviewed. An interviewer hasn't been chosen yet, but you can
suggest questions on a wiki page at
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2006/BramCohenInterview>.

A.M. Kuchling
amk at amk.ca