[ANN] httpy 0.9.0 -- a sane and robust HTTP library for Python

Chad Whitacre chad at zetaweb.com
Thu Feb 23 18:29:19 CET 2006

Greetings, program!

I am pleased to announce the first public release of httpy -- a sane and
robust HTTP library for Python. With httpy, you write "responders," and
put them on the network with "couplers." Here is a trivial responder:

   import httpy

   class Responder:
     def respond(request):
       raise httpy.Response(200, "Greetings, program!")

And here is how to couple it:

   responder = Responder()
   coupler = httpy.couplers.StandAlone(responder)
   coupler.go()

httpy is so amazing, in fact, that with it I was able to write an entire
wiki in only 20 seconds! Don't believe me? Check out the screencast
(along with downloads and full documentation) at:

   http://www.zetadev.com/software/httpy/

Thank you.

Chad Whitacre
http://www.zetadev.com/

P.S. I'm going to be discussing httpy, testosterone, and a couple other
projects at PyCon this weekend at an Open Space event on Saturday
morning entitled "Un-reinventing the Wheel: Some Lessons from Zope,
Backported to Unix." Join me if you can.