FarPy GUIE v0.5.1 Released!

dberlin at gmail.com dberlin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 23:33:02 CEST 2006

http://farpy.holev.com/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/farpyguie

About
GUIE (GUI Editor) provides a simple WYSIWYG GUI editor for wxWidgets.
The program was made in C# and saves the GUI that was created to a XML
format I called GUIML. This GUIML is a pretty standard representation
of the GUI created with the program with some helpful additions for
.NET. Next, GUIE takes these GUIML files and translates it to either
wxPython Python code or wxRuby Ruby code (more languages in the
future). You may ask yourself why I took the extra step? Why didn't I
go straight from C# controls to wxPython code? Why is GUIML necessary?
Well, it isn't. It is there simply for people (or maybe I) to take the
GUIML and convert it to other languages. This, by effect can convert
this tool from a Python GUI editor, to "any programming language with a
GUI module" GUI editor.

The GUI Editor was built to be as point & click as possible, trying to
avoid wx's sizers completly. This means that controls can go anywhere,
and you have the freedom to play with the GUI however you want.

Changes (as of v0.5.1)
    Added: Drag & Drop functionality for adding controls
    Changed: Settings mechanism. "settings.opt" replacing
"settings.xml".
    Fixed: Bug causing panel background color to be other than white

Changes (as of v0.5)
    Added: Source release
    Added: Partial wxPerl support
    Fixed: Splash screen causes loading delay
    Fixed: When saving guiml, controls got a gray background-color
    Changed: Certain GUI improvements in settings form
    Fixed: Actions should be disabled when no form is open
    Changed: Logo in splash screen
    Fixed: XY Coords incorrect when hovering controls
    Added: Unicode support in guiml files