OfflineIMAP needs a good home

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Oct 31 20:16:20 CET 2005

Hi,

I am the author of OfflineIMAP, a bidirectional IMAP mail syncing tool
for people that wish to read their IMAP mail without needing to be
connected to an IMAP server.

It is basically "done", having fulfilled its original purpose.
OfflineIMAP is functional, multi-threaded, and works well for me.

There are some new features people would like to see -- hooks for things
to do to a message as it's being downloaded, some tweaks to the IMAP
protocol handler, etc.

I have found that I don't have the time or interest to work on
OfflineIMAP anymore, and I'm wondering if there is anyone out in the
Python community that would be interested in taking over this code.

OfflineIMAP is GPL'd and written 100% in Python.  You can get it with:

darcs get http://darcs.complete.org/offlineimap

Or download tarballs from

http://quux.org/devel/offlineimap.

If you're interested, please drop me a line or post to the OfflineIMAP
mailing list (see lists.complete.org for info)

-- John