ANN: Pyarie, modular modeling system

John Metta penningj at engr.orst.edu
Sat Oct 29 22:50:46 CEST 2005

I'd like to announce Pyarie, a modular modeling environment.

Pyarie provides an environment for defining and solving systems of
ordinary differential equations. It was developed for my use in
hydrologic and ecological modeling, but is being used to model both
chemical and aeronautical systems amoung others.

Pyarie is defined to allow modeling in a programming environment with
minimal initial programming skill that the user can enter equations into
a class template and optionally define look-up tables and other
functions for each state variable. Solver classes are provided and
optimizers are being implemented now.

Basically, it provides a way for non-programmers to create and run
models without using "black box" modeling environments. The system is
highly extendable and can be used as either a functional environment for
the non-programmer, or similiarly to a Python module for the programmer.

Pyarie is housed on SourceForge, with a homepage at
http://pyarie.wikisophia.org

The Pyarie-users mailing list is live for help and discussion.

Cheers,
-John Metta
Bioresource Engineering and Geography
Oregon State University