pyExcelerator 0.6.3a is now available

Roman V. Kiseliov unicorn at kurskline.ru
Wed Oct 26 10:10:36 CEST 2005

I'm pleased to announce that pyExcelerator 0.6.3a is now available for

download.

What can you do with pyExcelerator:

Generating Excel 97+ files with Python 2.4+ (need decorators),

importing Excel 95+ files,

support for UNICODE in Excel files,

using variety of formatting features and printing options,

formulas, dates, numbers support,

Excel files and OLE2 compound files dumper.

No need in Windows/COM,

pure Python code.

0.6.3a (25.10.2005)
---------
    * slightly new algorithm for reading OLE2 files. I hope it is
      more robust
    * splitting and frozing
    * worksheet protection
    * protection password
    * workbook protection
    * new example: protection.py, hyperlinks.py, panes.py
    * extracting formula results
    * speed optmizations(for example, benchmark big-35Mb.py runs about
      20-30% faster)
    * updated THANKS file
    * xls2csv, xls2txt, xls2html now resides in ./tools
DOWNLOAD:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyexcelerator/

http://www.kiseliov.ru/downloads.html

PLEASE-PLEASE:

If you downloaded pyExcelerator's copy, please send me any postcard:

Roman V. Kiseliov

305001

Russia

Kursk