ANN: Urwid 0.8.9 curses-based UI library

Ian Ward ian at excess.org
Sat Oct 22 03:16:44 CEST 2005

Announcing Urwid 0.8.9
----------------------

Urwid home page:
  http://excess.org/urwid/

Tarball:
  http://excess.org/urwid/urwid-0.8.9.tar.gz
or:
  https://excess.org/urwid/urwid-0.8.9.tar.gz

About this release:
===================

Urwid is now one year old!  Thank you to everyone who has sent in comments
and suggestions.  I am now looking for volunteers with experience using
combining, double width and bidirectional characters in the UTF-8 encoding.
Let me know if you can help test future releases.

New in this release:
====================

  - New Overlay class for drawing widgets that obscure parts of other
    widgets.  May be used for drop down menus, combo boxes, overlapping
    "windows", caption text etc.

  - New BarGraph, GraphVScale and ProgressBar classes for graphical display
    of data in Urwid applications.

  - New method for configuring keyboard input timeouts and delays:
    curses_display.Screen.set_input_timeouts(..).

  - Fixed a ListBox.set_focus(..) bug.

About Urwid

Urwid is a curses-based UI library for Python. It features fluid
interface resizing, CJK support, multiple text layouts, simple
attribute markup, powerful scrolling list boxes, flexible edit boxes
and HTML screen shots.

Urwid is released under the GNU LGPL.