ANN: logintools Critical Update

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:36:13 CET 2005

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/logintools.html

Critical Bugfix in logintools (which also affects jalopy)

The new release is 0.6.2
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/cgi-bin/voidspace/downman.py?file=jalopy_login.zip

What's New
=========

I recently updated logintools and jalopy to be compatible with the new
pythonutils code. This was the 0.6.0 releases.

Embarrassingly, I didn't update the email calls to use the new function
signature in cgiutils. New user sign-ups have been thoroughly broken
since. sigh

The application I use logintools for doesn't allow new user signups. It
only has administrator created accounts, so I didn't notice the broken
code.

This is now fixed and anyone who wants jalopy or logintools to work
should download the new release.

What is logintools
=============

logintools is a full framework to do user authentication and account
management with CGI.

It provides you with a full system for restricting access to pages and
your applications, including administration features, new user
sign-ups, and the facility for users to edit their account details.

Even better - you can add it to a Python CGI with as little as two
lines of code (really).

Configurable in terms of behaviour nad appearance, it also provides a
mechanism for storing details of the user account.

See the documentation at
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/logintools.html