Dallas Ft. Worth Pythoneers' Meetings

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed May 11 23:06:13 CEST 2005

Contents Within:

[1] Evening social at Springcreek this Thursday
[2] Programming session at Nerdbooks this Saturday
[3] Club version control repository established

[1] The DFW Pythoneers, an open discussion group based around the Python
programming language, will be having its 6th get-together this week.  We
always meet the second-thursday of the month.

The details are:

When:   Thursday, May 12 at 7:00 pm
Where:  Spring Creek BBQ (enclosed patio on side of building)
                14941 Midway Road
                Addison TX 75001
                (972) 385-0970

There is a map on the Meetup website at (the DFW group is chapter 10):

        http://python.meetup.com/10/

[2] And although it's short notice, we're also having our first programming
session this Saturday from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm at Nerdbooks.com in
Richardson.  I understand if a lot of you can't make it without more
notice so we'll just be checking out the facilities, testing the network,
setting up whiteboards and cruising the Python bookshelves.  Bring your
laptops.

You can find directions to Nerdbooks at www.nerdbooks.com.

We have a mailing list, separate from that at Meetup.  You can find it at:

        http://www.taupro.com/lists

And Python-specific resources and such on our new wiki at:

        http://python.taupro.com/

[3] I've also set up a Subversion-based version control repository at:

        http://python.taupro.com/repo/

I'd also like to ask those planning to participate in the coding sprints
to prepare their laptops with the necessary software, to save time.
Details are on the wiki at:

        http://python.taupro.com/SprintingSetup

As we meet to begin some projects, I'll give out write-access passwords.
The repository is publically readable so everyone can watch the projects.

I hope to see some of you at Spring Creek BBQ or Nerdbooks this week.

Jeff Rush, DFW Pythoneers Coordinator