ANNOUNCE: PyComicsViewer-0.9.0

ionutz borco at go.ro
Fri Jan 21 15:15:41 CET 2005

PyComicsViewer-0.9.0 has been released.

What is PyComicsViewer?
=======================

Is a comics viewer written in python, PyGTK and PIL. I made it as I
didn't fully like any of the existing viewers and I wanted something
that works the same (nice) way on both Linux and Windows.

Because of the way it was implemented, you can also use it like a kind
of image browser/viewer, but this is not its primary destination.
Browsing images from uncompressed directories is provided because
resulted naturally from the implementation and because I've seen some
people that distribute their scaned comics uncompressed.

Changes in 0.9.0 (2005/01/21)
=============================
* treat the argument from the command line as a comics it has
to open on initial start-up
* make the PyComicsViewer.py search its glade template in the
same folder it is stored
* save and restore the usage of PIL at app's stop and restart
* added some custom icons for the menu and toolbar

Changes in 0.8.0 (2005/01/17)
=============================
* corrected some keyboard bugs
* use only one glade template for all dialogs and windows
* use only one open dialog that can open both files and folders
* added a refresh button to reload the current archive
* code clean-ups

Licensing
=========

PyComicsViewer is released under the GPL.

Where can I get it?

You can download it from:
http://borco.net/html/PyComicsViewer/

Cheers,