ANNOUNCE: Hexerei 1.1

Ransdell, Robert Ethan rransdel at indiana.edu
Sat Feb 26 01:40:03 CET 2005

Hexerei 1.1!

Description
    Hexerei is a colorful software package for Python (and optionally a
web server) that assigns
a color value to each word or letter in a database. Hexerei then
utilizes the PIL to convert produce
an image consisting of color blocks which correspond to the given text.
Thus, "a thousand words"
become a picture!
    I have provided sourcecode access in HTML format for anyone to view.
As all the important
functions are in a few scripts and run by another script, it is simple
for users to import the code
and run it from a command line or interpreter.

Features
 -   Just set the permissions (with a web server) and run the code!
 -   Tools are included for creating XHTML files on-the-fly.
 -   Preferences can be set for many features.
 -   Simple text documents are store encountered words and letters and
to maintain a list of statistics.

Licensing
    Hexerei is released under the GNU GPL.

Links
 -   Working example: http://ethanransdell.kicks-ass.net/python/hexerei/
<http://ethanransdell.kicks-ass.net/python/hexerei/>
 -   On SourceForge.net: http://sourceforge.net/projects/text-hexerei/
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/text-hexerei/>
 -   Download Hexerei 1.1:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=131580
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=131580>

Me
I started learning Python in a computational linguistics class last
semester and kept going! If you
have any comments, suggestions, or requests, I'd love it if you emailed
me at the address below:
        rransdel at indiana.edu <mailto:rransdel at indiana.edu>

Ethan Ransdell
    rransdel at indiana.edu <mailto:rransdel at indiana.edu>