Chicago Python User Group, Thurs, Feb 10

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Feb 8 09:08:03 CET 2005

The Chicago Python User Group, ChiPy, will have its next meeting
on Thursday, February 10th, starting at 7pm.  For more information on
ChiPy see http://chipy.org

John Hunter of the University of Chicago School of Medicine will give a
presentation on Matplotlib, a Python package for scientific plotting
that (among other things) emulates Matlab plotting.

matplotlib is a python 2D plotting library which produces publication
quality figures using in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive
GUI environments across platforms. matplotlib can be used in python
scripts, interactively from the python shell (as in matlab or
mathematica), in web application servers generating dynamic charts, or
embedded in GUI applications.

Short talks on other Python graphics packages are welcome.

There will also be time to chat, and many opportunities to ask
questions.  We encourage people at all levels to attend.

Location
--------

This month we will be meeting at SMS, 444 N Michigan Ave 28th floor,
Chicago, IL, 312-938-4400

SMS is near Grand and State on the Red Line. In the heart of the city,
adjacent to the Wrigley building and across the street from the Tribune
Tower.  You'll have to sign in at the front desk when coming in.

About ChiPy