ANN: mountpy 0.4

garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk garabik-news-2005-05 at kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
Fri Dec 23 11:26:54 CET 2005

mountpy is a python script for quick automatic mounting and umounting
of external filesystems, especially suited for USB removable devices.
mountpy is developed on linux, and is meant for modern linux systems.

This is version 0.4, changes from previous version:

- do not remove the directories when umounting (caused some problems
  with gnome and kde)
- use filesystem type explicitely during mount
- remove 'sync' option from the defaults - 2.6.14 kernel finally
  implemented the 'sync' for vfat filesystem, but with terrible
  performance (read: completely unusable)

License:
GPL