email 2.5.6

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Apr 29 15:03:23 CEST 2005

I've just released version 2.5.6 of the standalone email package.  This
fixes some problems with Message.get_filename() and
Message.get_content_charset() when headers encoded with RFC 2231 style
parameters contain bogus or non-existent charsets.

email-2.5.6 is compatible with Pythons going back to 2.1.  I will soon
be porting the patches forward into Python 2.4 and 2.5 to fix the email
3.0 package, which is only compatible with Python 2.3 and newer.

You can download the email 2.5.6 tarball from the email-sig page:

http://www.python.org/sigs/email-sig/

Cheers,
-Barry