SPE 0.5.1.G: Python IDE with Blender & wxGlade support

SM stani_ at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 15:14:18 CET 2004

Spe is a python IDE with auto-indentation, auto completion, call tips,
syntax coloring, syntax highlighting, class explorer, source index,
auto todo list, sticky notes, integrated pycrust shell, python file
browser, recent file browser, drag&drop, context help, ... Special is
its blender support with a blender 3d object browser and its ability
to run interactively inside blender. Spe ships with wxGlade (gui
designer), PyChecker (source code doctor) and Kiki (regular expression
console). Spe is extensible with wxGlade.

Links:
- Homepage:     http://spe.pycs.net
- Downloads:    http://projects.blender.org/projects/spe/
- Screenshots:  http://spe.pycs.net/pictures/index.html
- Forum:        http://projects.blender.org/forum/?group_id=30
- RSS feed:     http://spe.pycs.net/weblog/rss.xml
- Author:       http://www.stani.be

About this version:
I'm very happy to announce that SPE is now sponsored by Zettai
(http://www.zettai.net) Thank them for making this release possible.
They host my new personal website http://stani.be If you like SPE and
you don't want to donate money, you would do me a great favour by
putting a link to http://stani.be on any website and let me know by
email.

This is a major bugfix release.

**WARNING**
Appearantly there is a bug in Mozilla/Firefox which corrupts
downloading of tar.gz archives. So please use wget or another download
program to download the tar.gz archive.

:Fixes:
    - better tab indentation fix
    - activepython documentation can be combined with the enthought
distribution
    - jump to source fix
    - function names def* truncated in explore
    - "Save changes to" doesn't show document
    - File|Exit should use X as accel key
    - Ctrl-F doesn't switch to open "Find" dlg
    - bug in importing modules to shell
    - Edit Preferences

:Donations (65 euro):
    - Manuel Ulloa