Vancouver Python User's Group meeting Tuesday, May 4

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 03 May 2004 21:05:01 -0700

Congrats to Andy McKay on the birth of his daughter Emily. Email him
directly to see the pictures. Meeting details follow.

This meeting:
=============

May 4, Python in Education

Python is widely regarded as an excellent language for teaching
programming to students and also to teach to people who already know
about programming. In addition, Zope is often used as a platform for
managing e-learning content. We will discuss the role of these two
products in educational environments. If there is not interest enough
for a formal discussion then we will retire to a nearby pub for an
informal one. Afterwards we'll raise a toast to Andy McKay's new baby
girl and her future education in all things Pythonic. We will also
discuss our plans for an upcoming conference.

Upcoming meetings

June 1, the Plone: Past, present and future

The long-awaited, many times delayed talk by our own Andy McKay: what is
Plone and why is it taking over the world?

July 6, the Python Virtual Machine

How does the Python Virtual Machine work internally? What are bytecodes?
How is code compiled to bytecodes? How are bytecodes interpreted? How
are types implemented? What do classes look like inside the Python
interpreter?

  Paul Prescod