new CGI module vote

Dave Hastings fatdave@unixbeast.com
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:10:07 -0500

  My partner and myself have created a new python module that reflects the cgi.pm perl module.  The new python module provides functions for HTTP header and environment purposes, HTML forms, and general HTML shortcuts.  If you are familiar with the cgi.pm perl module then you should already know what our new python module includes since we tried to incorporate all of the functions.

  We created this module for people who would really like to use the cgi.pm perl module or who would like the functionality that the perl module provides, but are not enthused to program in perl.

  We have completed the module.  There does remain one thing before we can announce the module on the announce list, it needs a name.  We have created a web page (using the new python module) that has a vote on it.  I am asking for people to go to http://www.unixbeast.com/CGIpm/vote.cgi and vote on what you think the most fitting name would be.  CGIpy seems to be the most popular right now.

  Once we feel that there are enough votes we will give the winning name to the module and I will again post to the announce list announcing the module itself, and where to download it.

  Thank you so much for you time
- David Hastings  cgipm@unixbeast.com
- Michael Sampson samp0082@umn.edu