CRITTRZ 0.7.0 Available

Tom Olivier tolivier@cstone.net
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:13:08 -0400

7-2-2004

 I am writing to announce the availability of CRITTRZ 0.7.0, the initial,
test release a population simulation library.  This software was released
on 6-2-2004 under an MIT open-source license.

CRITTRZ is designed for modeling of demographic, genetic and
disease processes in animal populations subdivided by space and social
groupings.   The system should be adaptable to modeling populations of
many large mammal species.

CRITTRZ is written in Python and uses a strongly object-oriented
architecture. It includes an interface to the Idrisi GIS.  The initial
release is intended for computers with the Microsoft Windows operating
system.  I aim to release a later version for the Linux operating system.
You can view documentation for the system and download a zip file with
program code, documentation and examples at
www.greencreekparadigms.com/CRITTRZ.htm.

Comments to me at tolivier@cstone.net are welcome.
Cheers. - Tom Olivier

Thomas Olivier, Ph.D.