RPy library now available for R version 1.8.X

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:15:29 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01C3D5AE.D00BBF84

I've created a modified version of Walter Moriera's RPy[1] library for using
the open-source statistical package R[2] from within Python[3].

RPy is a very simple, yet robust, Python interface to the R
Programming Language (http://www.r-project.org).  It can manage all
kinds of R objects and can execute arbitrary R functions (including
the graphic functions).  All the errors from the R language are
converted to Python exceptions.  Any module that later were installed
on the R system, can easily be used from within Python, without
introducing any changes.

My Unix and Windows versions of RPy are available from

	http://www.warnes.net/rpy

and are compatible with the latest releases of R, including 1.8.1.  I've
also done some work done on merging the Unix and Windows versions into a
single code tree.

Please contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D.
Senior Coordinator
Groton Non-Clinical Statistics
Pfizer Global Research and Development

[1] http://rpy.sf.net
[2] http://www.r-project.org
[3] http://www.python.org

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

------_=_NextPart_000_01C3D5AE.D00BBF84
	filename="Warnes, Gregory R.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Warnes;Gregory
FN:Warnes, Gregory R
ORG:Pfizer Inc;5E350 BIOSTATISTICS & REPORTING
TITLE:COORD BIOMETRICS
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+1-860-715-3536
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;260 2509;MS 8260-2104=0D=0AEastern Point Rd;Groton;CT;06340;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:260 2509=0D=0AMS 8260-2104=0D=0AEastern Point Rd=0D=0AGroton, CT 06340=0D=
=0AUSA
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
REV:20020314T181943Z
END:VCARD