RELEASED: Allout-Vim 040103

François Pinard pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 11:51:17 -0500

Hi, my Vim and Python friends.

Here is another release of Allout-Vim, on the road of my learning about
how to write Python extensions for Vim.  An enjoyable road so far! :-)

Since the first release, I reorganised mappings and commands a bit,
added new ones, and support for Visual mode in a few places it applies.
Known bugs have been corrected.  Besides the `.tgz' distribution, there
is also a `.zip' distribution which should be easier for non-Unix users.

With this release, edition of Allout files in Vim, despite still a bit
different than with Emacs, is now of comparable comfort in my opinion.

As your comments and help could ease my learning, they are very welcome!

Allout files are a handy synoptic (or tree-like) representation of a
document.  Such files were originally introduced as a GNU Emacs mode.
Vim offers tools and help for browsing or editing these Allout files.

The Allout-Vim package may be downloaded from:
    http://fp-etc.progiciels-bpi.ca/showfile.html?mode=archives
while installation directives may be found at:
    http://fp-etc.progiciels-bpi.ca/showfile.html?name=allout/vim/READM=
More documentation is also available on the Web as:
    http://fp-etc.progiciels-bpi.ca/showfile.html?name=allout/vim/doc.t=
xt

While syntax colouring of Allout files should work in almost any Vim,
Allout specific commands and mappings require a Python-enabled Vim.