ANN: PyEnchant 0.9.0

Ryan Kelly ryan at rfk.id.au
Sat Dec 4 15:07:07 CET 2004

Hi All,

I've just released my work on producing Python bindings for
the Enchant spellchecker wrapper library.

Enchant (http://www.abisource.com/enchant/) is the spellchecking
package behind the AbiWord word processor, is being considered for
inclusion in the KDE office suite, and is proposed as a
FreeDesktop.org standard.  It's completely cross-platform because
it wraps the native spellchecking engine to provide a uniform
interface.

PyEnchant brings this simple, powerful and flexible spellchecking
engine to Python:

  http://www.rfk.id.au/software/projects/pyenchant/

Current Version: 0.9.0
Licence:  LGPL with exemptions, as per Enchant itself

Cheers,

   Ryan

--
Ryan Kelly