mxCGIPython - unofficial update for Python 2.4

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Fri Dec 3 11:01:03 CET 2004

Hello! I patched mxCGIPython for Python 2.4:

http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/misc/mxCGI/mxCGIPython.patch

   The patch adds 3 modules to Modules/Setup - zipimport, _symtable and
_csv; it also adds CGIPython/pyversion.c to be used instead of python,
becuase Makefile.cgi needs to know what version it is making before
python interpreter is built. A script CGIPython/remove-modules is used
in Makfile.cgi to remove modules from Modules/Setup to compile different
versions of Python; this is probably bad approach, and it is not very
portable; the script works on Linux and Solaris systems, but not on
FreeBSD - it requires an option for sed (-E) and a slightly different
regular expression - unescaped '+' instead of '\+'. Also there is a
special patch for BSD that removes "unset" lines.

   Other than that minor problems the thing works fine. This is far from
complete, of course, but that's all I can do. I rebuilt python 2.1.3,
2.2.3, 2.3.4 and 2.4.0 on Linux, Solaris 2.5.2, FreeBSD 4.9 and FreeBSD
5.3. The binaries are in the usual place:

   http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/misc/mxCGI/

Don't forget to make CGIPython/remove-modules executable.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru