List for PyCon submission software

A.M. Kuchling amk@amk.ca
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 20:08:07 -0500

This year the software for submitting proposals to PyCon was written
extremely hurriedly, and often new features were added just before (or
just after) a conference deadline.  I'd like to do better next time by
having the software be more polished before the proposal submission
madness begins.

To that end, a Wiki page for recording ideas for the conference
software is at http://www.amk.ca/ng-arch/ConferenceSWIdeas

Please add any suggestions you might have; suggestions from PyCon proposal
authors will be especially valuable.

I've also set up a mailing list named 'conf' for people who want to
help test alphas and betas of software; you can join at
http://www.amk.ca/mailman/listinfo/conf .

My plan is to hack on the conference software fairly intensively for the
next month or two, with mailing list readers trying out the current snapshot
and offering comments/triggering bugs.  Then I'll move on to other projects,
at least until the CFP for PyCon 2005 goes out and new feature requests
begin arriving.

--amk