ANN: Pyblosxom 0.8.1

Wari Wahab wari@home.wari.org
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 23:11:56 +0800

Pyblosxom 0.8.1
---------------
Pyblosxom is a weblog engine that uses standard text files located on
your filesystem as a database of weblog entries. The concept is simple,
managing content is as easy as editing a text file with your favourite
text editor.

Announcement
------------
After a long testing phase, pyblosxom 0.8.1 is out now and you can find
the files at
[https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=67445&release_id=188449
sourceforge].

Those who have downloaded 0.8 previously (this was not announced here) and
those who used the pyblosxom comments plugin are advised to use this
version,
due to a flaw that was recently discovered.

The CVS commit changelog can be found at
http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/code/ChangeLog.html

Important Changes to note in this version are:
  * New callback added `cb_story_end()` to fix a potential scripting
    attack via comments -- if the commentor enters text using $ they can
    access entry and config variables.
  * `contrib/plugins/pycategories.py`: Fixes the bug where a directory
    (which has no entries) has a subdirectory which does have entries
    doesn't get shown.
  * pyarchives plugin now uses templates instead of hardcoded to use
    `<br>`'s
  * Removed the configuration override feature in pyblosxom, people using
    this feature in their blogs should use the config plugin located

[http://roughingit.subtlehints.net/pyblosxom/registry/general/flavconfig.registry
    here] (Thanks to Robert Wall for this nice contribution)
  * Minor XHTML compliant output fixes
  * Changed the way we handle variable arguments. We now handle anything
    that is a valid python argument list (arguments, keyword arguments,
    no arguments, ...).
  * `contrib/plugins/pycalendar.py`: Re-fixed the issue where thismonth
    is outside of the range of keys that we have
  * Some code cleanups with pychecker