Soya3D 0.3.1 and PyOpenAL 0.1

Jiba jiba@tuxfamily.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:32:56 +0100

I want to announce Soya3D 0.3.1 (bugfix release) and PyOpenAL 0.1.

*** What is Soya3D ???

Soya3D is a high level 3D engine for Python, designed with game in mind.
It relies on OpenGL and SDL.
Soya is written partly in Python and partly in C; our goal is to provide a full architecture for making free (GPL) game of professionnal quality entirely in Python.

*** What is PyOpenAL ???

PyOpenAL is an OpenAL binding for Python. OpenAL is a 3D sound library.
PyOpenAL includes a module for integrating it with Soya.
It can read wave and Ogg Vorbis file (require PyOgg and PyVorbis).

Both are available under the GPL, and are known to work under Linux ; a port of Soya to windows is upcoming.

http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/en/soya
http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/en/pyopenal

BTW be sure to check the Slune game, a 3D game written in Python with Soya and PyOpenAL !

http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/en/slune

Jiba