ASV 0.5 - a library for manipulating simple database formats such as CSV

Laurence Tratt laurie@tratt.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:27:01 +0000

I am pleased to be able to announce the third public version (0.5) of my ASV
module, a mature pure Python module for inputting, manipulating and
outputting simple database formats. Included is a command line interface for
the quick conversion of file formats e.g. TSV -> CSV.

As standard, ASV can read and write CSV (Comma Separated Values), TSV (Tab
Separated Values) and colon separated value formats although it is simple to
write your own input/output classes to cope with the bizarre variations that
people seem to find themselves faced with from time to time. As the 'main'
format, the CSV handler has been designed to cope gracefully with a wide
variety of input formats. The design of ASV specifically allows conversion
between different formats (eg TSV -> CSV).

This new version of ASV is a small bug fix release and should be entirely
backwards compatible with the previous release. I reccomend that all ASV
users upgrade to this version.

The download URL for ASV is:

  http://tratt.net/laurie/python/asv/

Please feel free to mail me with any comments you may have at
laurie@tratt.net

Laurie

<P><A HREF="http://tratt.net/~laurie/python/asv/">ASV 0.5</A> -
   a library for manipulating simple database formats such as CSV
   (03-Dec-02)