ANN: Oak DNS Server (again)

Ed Stoner ed@digitallumber.com
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:11:08 -0500 (EST)

We are pleased to announce (again) the release of the Oak DNS Server.
The first announcement didn't make it through the newgroups, probably
because we put an incorrect url in the announcement (we know a lot
more about DNS than we do about Zope inheritance :-)

The software is new but it is being run in a production environment at
multiple locations already.

The software can be downloaded from:

http://www.digitallumber.com/oak

What is it?
Oak is a DNS Server written in pure python.

Features:
- Pure Python
- Runs on Windows and various unixes
- configuration through python
- recursion
- zone transfers
- slave servers
- dynamic updates
- various secuirty enhancements

Except for the DNSSEC, we think that Oak is a functional replacement for
bind (we are using it as such).  Please give it a try.  It's nice to be
able to manage your DNS config with python.

License: LGPL

Ed Stoner
Digital Lumber, Inc. (www.digitallumber.com)
ed@digitallumber.com