ANN: New release of SalStat Statistics Package

Alan James Salmoni alan_salmoni@yahoo.com
27 Feb 2003 03:40:11 -0800

Hi all,

Following a release the other day, there is a new release of the
SalStat Statistics Package written in Python with wxPython, Numeric
and SciPY.

>From the website (http://salstat.sunsite.dk), there is a source
download (http://salstat.sunsite.dk/salstat.20030227.zip - 439k) which
needs Python, wxPython, Numeric, SciPy (and I believe PIL) to be
installed. For Windows users, there is a self-installing executable
made with the McMillan installer and the Inno installer (thanks to the
guys who wrote these!) available from
http://salstat.sunsite.dk/salstat.20030227.setup.exe (7.78MB).

This version allows chi square tests (observed in the first column,
expected in the second column of the 2 condition test dialog), better
graphs (thanks to SciPy plt function), and the interface has been
spruced up a bit more. It loads ASCII files generally well, but don't
leave too many blank spaces where there should be missing data.

Thanks to all who have helped in one way or another. The next version
should features multi-factorial anova with simple and main effects
easily accessible from the interface (no syntax files needed!).

Feedback is requested regarding test accuracy and interface
experience. Please fire (not flame!) away as I have had little
feedback about the interface lately (either I'm doing something very
right, or very wrong indeed!)

Have fun!

Alan James Salmoni
SalStat Statistics