series (was: streams (was: reiter)))

Beni Cherniavsky cben@techunix.technion.ac.il
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:41:28 +0300 (IDT)

I was reminded by Paul Foley that CL has an unambiguos name for the
concept: "series".  Well, actually what the series package in CL does
is quite different from what I want but the name is very good so I'll
borrow it anyway ;-).  At a high enough level of abstraction, it's
very related.

Thus I'm releasing the module under yet another name:

    http://www.technion.ac.il/~cben/python/series.py

I'd like to stop the renamings at this stage, so if you don't like it,
speak now :-).

Renaming details:

- Module name: `streams` -> `series`
- `Cons` -> `Series`
- `Stream` -> `UncomputedSeries` (you don't have to ever type this
  name as `Series()` is now a factory creating an `UncomputedSeries`
  object when called with one argument).
- `StreamIter` -> `SeriesIter`
- `StreamIter.fork` -> `SeriesIter.copy`

Also I squashed a bug in `__repr__` - it referenced an undefined
variable.

What

--
Beni Cherniavsky <cben@tx.technion.ac.il>