spyce v1.2.7

Rimon Barr Rimon Barr <barr@CS.Cornell.EDU>
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:29:44 -0500 (EST)

Spyce v1.2.7 released on 15 Nov 2002

SPYCE is a server-side engine that supports simple and efficient
Python-based dynamic HTML generation. Those who like Python and are
familiar with JSP, or PHP, or ASP, should have a look at this engine. It
allows one to generate dynamic HTML content just as easily, using Python
for the dynamic parts. Its modular design makes it very flexible and
extensible. It can also be used as a command-line utility for HTML
pre-processing.

Get it at:
  http://spyce.sourceforge.net

This release continue the internal restructuring of the engine code, which
has resulted in some performance improvements. This is almost done now,
and I will refocus on features. Some modules may have been broken, but
should not be difficult to fix to conform to the new API. The
documentation will be updated shortly. The highlights sice v1.2.6:
  - internal restructuring continues
    - separated spyce exceptions
    - separated spyce configuration
    - expanded spyce API and spyceServer
    - spyce.spyceDone now imported as spyceDone
  - simplified spyceModule
    - renamed wrapper field, to _api
    - old spyceModule available as spyceModulePlus
    - all standard modules updated
  - fixed - syntax errors were not reported properly sice v1.2.4
  - file-based spyce caching, with config option
  - performance improvements

For prior release information, view the change log at:
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/spyce/spyce/CHANGES?rev=HEAD

Perhaps most importantly, I have spent a considerable time to test this
release, and I expect it to be quite stable. Comments, suggestions and bug
reports are appreciated.

Enjoy,
Rimon.