Puffin Testing Framework 0.7 Release

A. Keyton Weissinger keyton@weissinger.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:21:10 -0500

The Puffin Testing Framework is a Python-based web application testing
system that allows you to dynamically test even the most complex web systems
as though they were black boxes.

Using pure Python, I built puffin to be easily extensible and infinitely
customizable. It is built from the ground up to provide for any type of
customization you need to accomplish.

Getting started is easy. Once downloaded and installed, you simply customize
the framework to your web application, write one or more test plans (in one
of two formats) and away you go. Test plans allow for repitition,
dependencies, includes, etc (for a frame of reference, test plan files are
similar in format to Ant build files).

Though there are several other testing systems out there for web
applications, puffin allows for more flexibility than most and is better
documented than almost any you will find.

Take a look:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/puffin/

I hope it comes in useful. Please provide me any feedback you can. I'm
interested in making it the best web application testing system out there
and I cannot do it alone...

Keyton
keyton@weissinger.org