getpassfix 0.7.2 released

Allan Crooks getpassfix@sixtyten.org
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:44:58 +0100

I'm pleased to announce that the new version of the getpassfix
module
has been released.

If you want to find out more about it, you can read an introduction
to it here:
    http://ccec.sf.net/getpassfix.html

The getpassfix module attempts to solve a bug in the getpass
module
which occurs because the way that console I/O works in Windows
is
inconsistent between versions.

To improve the module, I need feedback about which versions of
Windows have the bug. Given the lack of feedback last time, I've
now
written a very simple test script which will take mere seconds to
run.

Even if you have no interest in this module, please run the test
script and send me back the results it gives, I'd appreciate it a
lot. You only need to do run the test script on Windows.

For information about running the test script, read here:
    http://ccec.sourceforge.net/getpassfix.html#testing