NEW SIG: Persistence-SIG

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:00:04 -0400

I'd like to bring a new Python Special Interest Group (SIG) under your
attention.  The Persistence-SIG was started early July and has seen
some discussion already, but can use a wider audience.

Home page: http://www.python.org/sigs/persistence-sig/
Archives: http://mail.python.org/pipermail-21/persistence-sig/

The SIG's charter is focused on proposing common frameworks for
transaction coordination, basic persistence management (without
proposing a particular storage manager), and cache management.  The
SIG home page has a more elaborate list of topics that are in scope as
well as some examples of topics that are not.

The current thinking in the SIG is to adopt an API similar to that
which is currently used in Zope's ZODB (after removing Zope-specific
warts and historical accidents).  But that's by no means cast in
stone, and I'm hoping that some new blood in the SIG will either
validate this choice or present an alternative that may find
wider-spread acceptance.

For more information, please see the SIG home page!