Near Final PEP 247 - API for Cryptographic Hash Functions

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:20:41 -0400

PEP 247 specifies a standard Python API for cryptographic hashing
algorithms such as MD5 or SHA, to make it easier to switch between
different implementations.  After a round of comments from the gang on
the python-crypto list, I believe the PEP is complete, and am
requesting one last round of comments on it.  The HTML version is at:

    http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0247.html

If no one points out any problems with the text, then the PEP can be
considered finished, and we can begin checking that hash modules
comply with the API.

--amk