Article on Python-based Web architecture

Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:48:57 -0400

I've written an article describing the Web architecture that we use at
the MEMS Exchange.  Comments and suggestions on it are very welcome.

http://www.amk.ca/python/writing/mx-architecture/

Abstract:
        The MEMS Exchange (MX) project is an experiment in distributed
        microfabrication that needs to take advantage of the Internet
        in order to function. In developing the required custom
        software, the MX software development team faced a complex
        task with no clear way to figure out our requirements ahead of
        time. The team therefore selected or wrote tools that are
        simple yet still powerful and flexible, and also adopted a
        flexible and free-flowing methodology using some of the
        principles of agile programming. This paper will discuss the
        tools we've built and the techniques we use.

--amk