[Application] B.Y.P. Server v.2.3

B.Y.P.Serverv.2.3.2 B.Y.P.Serverv.2.3.2
Wed, 2 May 2001 07:23:51 -0400 (EDT)

                          B.Y.P. Server v.2.3
                          -------------------

Server with permanent connection, using TCP/IP

I'm creating a software, written in Python, to mix the advantages of
Internet (server web) and a client/server structure. Traditional web
servers use a "connection-less" system, in-factI'm creating a software,
written in Python, to mix the advantages of Internet (server web) and a
client/server structure. Traditional web servers use a "state-less"
system, in-fact when a browser requires some information to the server,
in the server machine will be launched a CGI, or PHP/ASP (etc...) script
and, when the request was satisfied, the connection can be considered
"terminated": the programs (maybe CGI) which answered were terminated.
I'm creating a system in which the server launches some threads
(programs which substitute the CGI) and they remain active until the
client exits from the application or with a time-out. I'm creating the
server thinking to Macromedia Flash 5 as client (with this software, I
can create very actractive programs, just like a beautiful and very
functional graphic terminal client). With my project I intend to join
the advantages of an Intranet/Extranet/Internet system with the
advantages of a client/server system. One of the major targets is to
simplify the server side programming: in-fact I wish let you create a
program with the same technics that you use to create a local oriented
software! I use a lot of techniques implemented in your wonderful
language, such multithreading, module dynamic loading (the server never
stops!), HTTP server, sockets, and so on... (I wish to implement simple
database connectivity, distributed computing, etc...).

I wish to implement a lot of things, but my development time is limited.
I wish to know your opinion about this project and, if you wish, publish
the my site link in your site (!). Furthermore, I wish to find someone
which help me to develop the program and documentation, and more and
more and ...).

  Download:  http://members.xoom.it/bypserver

   License:  GPL
  Platform:  linux, win32, everywhere Python runs...

  Categories:  Applications

B.Y.P. Server v.2.3.2 (manotti@bigfoot.com)
http://members.xoom.it/bypserver

--
Server with permanent connection, using TCP/IP