[Announce] Kaivo Announces Python Training Partnership

Lance Thomas lance@johnstonwells.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:26:34 -0700

--=_F2A9A140.83E28A80

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE          =20

KAIVO ANNOUNCES PYTHON TRAINING PARTNERSHIP

DENVER (Jan. 16, 2001) - Kaivo, a leading Open Source solutions provider, =
announced that=20
they will be partnering with Mark Lutz, one of the primary figures in the =
Python community, in the delivery of Python education and training.

The three day course, "Python for Programmers" is an in-depth, hands-on =
introduction to the Python programming / scripting language. Students will =
learn Python language fundamentals as well as how to apply Python in a =
handful of common application domains, such as=20
Internet scripting, systems programming, and user interface development.  =
"Python for=20
Programmers" has been successfully presented to both programming experts =
and novices. Therefore there are no absolute prerequisites for it other =
than basic computer familiarity. Some prior background in programming may =
help for later topics, but is not generally required.

The first course will be offered February 21 to 23 in Denver, CO.  =
Detailed course information and on-line registration is available at =
http://www.kaivo.com/KaivoCourses/catalog or call Kaivo at 303-539-0200 =
and ask for a training coordinator.  Kaivo plans to co-sponsor future =
classes, in Denver as well as other parts of the country-check www.kaivo.co=
m for periodic updates to the schedule.
=20
"Our customers and potential customers are constantly requesting Python =
training," said=20
Kathy Gosa, Kaivo's vice president of education. "The extremely rapid =
growth of the Python community has driven us to provide the best training =
possible.  We are very excited to be partnering with someone of Mark's =
expertise."

Mark Lutz is a Python trainer, writer, and software developer, and is one =
of the primary figures=20
in the Python community. He is the author of the O'Reilly books "Programmin=
g Python" and "Python Pocket Reference" and co-author of "Learning =
Python". Mark has been involved with Python since 1992, and began teaching =
Python classes in 1997.

"I'm excited to be working with Kaivo," said Lutz, "especially due to =
their experience with open systems and open source.  I think their =
co-sponsoring of this class and future classes indicates the continuing =
rapid growth of Python adoption."

ABOUT KAIVO
Kaivo began as a UNIX education and training provider in 1984.  We have =
been educating customers on the benefits and power of Open Systems and =
Open Source tools for sixteen years.  That experience has taught us how =
important technical training can be to the rapid adoption and successful =
implementation of a powerful tool like Python.=20

ABOUT PYTHON
Python is a popular object-oriented scripting language, used for a wide =
variety of=20
programming tasks.  Visit www.python.org for more information, and to =
download the most current Python release free.=20

# # #

Contacts: =20
Kathy Gosa=20
VP Education=20
Kaivo  =20
303.539.0200=20
www.kaivo.com

Mark Lutz
lutz@rmi.net
http://www.rmi.net/~lutz

--=_F2A9A140.83E28A80

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: =
2px"><FONT=20
size=3D1>
<DIV>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>KAIVO ANNOUNCES PYTHON TRAINING PARTNERSHIP</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>DENVER (Jan. 16, 2001) - Kaivo, a leading Open Source solutions =
provider,=20
announced that </DIV>
<DIV>they will be partnering with Mark Lutz, one of the primary figures in =
the=20
Python community, in the delivery of Python education and training.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The three day course, "Python for Programmers" is an in-depth, =
hands-on=20
introduction to the Python programming / scripting language. Students will =
learn=20
Python language fundamentals as well as how to apply Python in a handful =
of=20
common application domains, such as </DIV>
<DIV>Internet&nbsp;scripting, systems programming, and user interface=20
development.&nbsp; "Python for </DIV>
<DIV>Programmers" has been successfully presented to both programming =
experts=20
and novices. Therefore there are no absolute prerequisites for it other =
than=20
basic computer familiarity. Some prior background in programming may help =
for=20
later topics, but is not generally required.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The first course will be offered February 21 to 23 in Denver, =
CO.&nbsp;=20
Detailed course information and on-line registration is available at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.kaivo.com/KaivoCourses/catalog">http://www.kaivo.com/Kai=
voCourses/catalog</A>=20
or call Kaivo at 303-539-0200 and ask for a training coordinator.&nbsp; =
Kaivo=20
plans to co-sponsor future classes, in Denver as well as other parts of =
the=20
country-check <A href=3D"http://www.kaivo.com">www.kaivo.com</A> for =
periodic=20
updates to the schedule.<BR>&nbsp;<BR>"Our customers and potential =
customers are=20
constantly requesting Python training," said </DIV>
<DIV>Kathy Gosa, Kaivo's vice president of education. "The extremely =
rapid=20
growth of the Python community has driven us to provide the best =
training=20
possible.&nbsp; We are very excited to be partnering with someone of =
Mark's=20
expertise."<BR></DIV>
<DIV>Mark Lutz is a Python trainer, writer, and software developer, and is =
one=20
of the primary figures </DIV>
<DIV>in the Python community. He is the author of the O'Reilly books=20
"Programming Python" and "Python Pocket Reference" and co-author of =
"Learning=20
Python". Mark has been involved with Python since 1992, and began =
teaching=20
Python classes in 1997.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"I'm excited to be working with Kaivo," said Lutz, "especially due to =
their=20
experience with open systems and open source.&nbsp; I think their =
co-sponsoring=20
of this class and future classes indicates the continuing rapid growth of =
Python=20
adoption."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ABOUT KAIVO<BR>Kaivo began as a UNIX education and training provider =
in=20
1984.&nbsp; We have been educating customers on the benefits and power of =
Open=20
Systems and Open Source tools for sixteen years.&nbsp; That experience =
has=20
taught us how important technical training can be to the rapid adoption =
and=20
successful implementation of a powerful tool like Python. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>ABOUT PYTHON<BR>Python is a popular object-oriented scripting =
language,=20
used for a wide variety of </DIV>
<DIV>programming tasks.&nbsp; Visit <A=20
href=3D"http://www.python.org">www.python.org</A> for more information, =
and to=20
download the most current Python release free. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV># # #<BR></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Contacts:&nbsp; <BR>Kathy Gosa&nbsp;<BR>VP Education&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kaivo&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>303.539.0200 <BR><A href=3D"http://www.kaivo.com">www.kaivo.com</A></D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark Lutz</DIV>